[Standards] presence priority -1 issues

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Wed Jul 30 12:55:56 UTC 2008

(sorry to be late at the discussion) :)

On Jul 27, 2008, at 8:26 PM, Kevin Smith wrote:

>> It's possible this is just a UI problem.
> I remember chatting to Pedro Melo about this back in February, and I
> believe our conclusion back then was just that clients will start
> showing -1 as a non-chat resource, or somesuch, depending on how
> general usage pans out

The most important part of -1 resources are their caps. For example,
I can have a calendar app logged in with my own jid, accepting some
namespace for calendar updates or meeting requests.

That would show up on "regular clients" at most with a small calendar

But it should not represent a "online" resource, of course.

Best regards,
Pedro Melo
XMPP ID: melo at simplicidade.org