[Standards] presence priority -1 issues

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Wed Jul 30 13:25:18 CDT 2008

On Wed Jul 30 13:55:56 2008, Pedro Melo wrote:
> The most important part of -1 resources are their caps. For
> example,  I can have a calendar app logged in with my own jid,
> accepting some  namespace for calendar updates or meeting requests.

Are you suggesting a sort of negative disco feature which indicates
that the XMPP entity is not an IM resource at all? Could this be done
with a suitable category/type? Moving forward, this would allow
clever clients to observe that it wasn't a IM client capable of
handling calendaring requests, but a dumb calendaring bot working on
behalf of the user.

If you're not suggesting this, can I suggest it? :-)

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at dave.cridland.net
  - http://dave.cridland.net/