[Standards] OT: messages from JabberForum

Jonathan Schleifer js-xmpp-standards at webkeks.org
Wed Nov 5 17:39:27 UTC 2008

Am 05.11.2008 um 17:06 schrieb Peter Saint-Andre:

> Why do you assume the CAPTCHA has been broken?

A spam user registered at the forum - most likely, a bot, googling for
vulnerable versions of the forum software. It then registers itself
and spams. I guess this is what happened - so the captcha at the
registration seems to be broken.

> In fact we have received
> spam to the lists before from JabberForum, but perhaps only one
> message
> a month or so. The current process has worked fine. If that is no
> longer
> the case, we'll change the process.

This is the first time me getting spam from an XMPP list. :)

> I send and receive as UTF-8 (and convert incoming mail to UTF-8),
> but I
> admit that email encoding seems to not always work (and I don't know
> why).

We should debug that off-list. Feel free to mail me some UTF-8 chars :).