[Standards] Entity errors (errata)

Waqas Hussain waqas20 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 21:42:34 CST 2008


I saw an entity error in draft-saintandre-rfc3921bis-08. I then ran an
entity checking script on the internet-drafts and extensions (the XML
files in subversion repository), and here is what I found (format:
file line_number offending_string):

Entity errors resulting in malformed XML:
 internet-drafts/draft-saintandre-rfc3920bis-09.xml	6035	&ltl;
 internet-drafts/draft-saintandre-rfc3921bis-08.xml	1289	≫
 internet-drafts/draft-saintandre-xmpp-feature-set-00.xml	287	&gt or <

Entity/etc errors within examples (inside CDATA sections):
 internet-drafts/draft-saintandre-rfc3921bis-08.xml	1626	&#x00EDm!
 internet-drafts/draft-saintandre-rfc3921bis-08.xml	1652	&#x00EDm!
 extensions/xep-0235.xml	176	&travelbot%40findmenow.tld%2Fbot%26feeds.worldgps.tld&\
  (the CDATA section for the last one has most instances of '&'
encoded as '%26', but these 2 are not)
 extensions/xep-0204.xml	465	&jep0030;
  (that's within a comment, but the whole comment should be replaced
with &xep0030;)


I'm curious about why the XSL processor used to convert the XML to
HTML doesn't break on the malformed XML.

--
Waqas Hussain


More information about the Standards mailing list