[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0224 (Attention)

Remko Tronçon remko at el-tramo.be
Wed Nov 12 12:37:45 UTC 2008

> In XEP-0115 you include a hashed features list into your presence packet. This
> presence packet is the same for all you roster items (in fact, it's
> your server who broadcasts this packet).

Right, I was talking about using directed presence to these contacts.
I didn't say it was an easy solution, but that would be the 'protocol'
solution, albeit a horrible one.

It's much easier to do this type of filtering in the client itself
(it's just an <attention/> stanza), so I don't see any reason for
going into any more details. Just mentioning that the client should
allow a user to disable it is enough; at what granularity or any other
detail (such as maximum attention send rate and those crazy things) is
left to the client, and should be left out of protocol specs like