[Standards] XEPs in Pretty Colours.

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Fri Nov 14 15:24:35 UTC 2008

Remko Tronçon wrote:
>> Don't we have a <supersedes/> element for this purpose?
> I was wondering if I saw that before, or whether that was just a
> dream. Maybe it all works out if I look (and fix) those. I'll revisit
> the script one of these days.

Currently we don't use the <supersedes/> information in any automated
way, but we could do so. We also have a <supersededby/> element in specs
that have been superseded. See for example XEP-0022 and XEP-0085 for the

So in XEP-0022 you'll find:

And in XEP-0085:

    <spec>XEP-0022 (in part)</spec>

If we want to use this metadata, we'll probably need to clean up the
references so that they are not just text strings.