[Standards] XEP-0012: Summary of Call for Experience

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Fri Nov 14 23:35:41 UTC 2008

The Call for Experience regarding the Draft spec XEP-0012 (Last
Activity) ended 2008-10-31. This email summarizes the findings, with a
focus on the three considerations mentioned in Section 8.1 of XEP-0001.

(1) There are many implementations of this specification, including (a)
jabberd 1.x and Openfire among XMPP servers and (b) Psi among XMPP
clients. All of these implementations are open-source.

(2) We received feedback regarding the possibility of using the last
activity extension in presence stanzas. As a result, we have added a
section to the specification about this usage.

(3) The specification will be double-checked for accuracy before the
XMPP Council votes on advancing it from Draft to Final.