[Standards] [Fwd: Re: [jdev] BOM]

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Fri Nov 14 12:08:06 CST 2008

FYI. I propose adding the following text to the character encoding
section (12.6) of rfc3920bis:

***

Note: Because it is mandatory for an XMPP implementation to support all
and only the UTF-8 encoding and because UTF-8 always has the same byte
order, an implementation MUST NOT send a byte order mark ("BOM") at the
beginning of the data stream.

***