[Standards] [Fwd: Re: [jdev] BOM]

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Fri Nov 14 14:48:27 CST 2008

After a chat with Justin Karneges, I've changed it to read:

***

Note: Because it is mandatory for an XMPP implementation to support all
and only the UTF-8 encoding and because UTF-8 always has the same byte
order, an implementation MUST NOT send a byte order mark ("BOM") at the
beginning of the data stream.  If an entity receives the Unicode
character U+FEFF anywhere in an XML stream (including as the first
character of the stream), it MUST interpret that character as a zero
width no-break space, not as a byte order mark.

***