[Standards] C2C TLS

Justin Karneges justin-keyword-jabber.093179 at affinix.com
Mon Nov 24 20:53:14 UTC 2008

On Monday 24 November 2008 11:57:28 Dirk Meyer wrote:
> I point to Dave's answer in this matter. The state of the XEP is
> "working" (I tested it) and client support is still missing. Compared to
> only one client using ESessions, it isn't that bad. If only one client
> implements ESessions after it is around for a longer time, it doesn't
> look good for it. If the TLS based solution has no client support after
> one year it was first published, I agree, it is also a failure.

To be honest, C2C TLS occupies the same slot in my TODO list as ESessions once
did.  So, for me, the interest writing code for e2e encryption has almost
nothing to do with the approach.  I was just hoping that by the time I reach
that slot, we will have decided on a safe protocol.

This is actually the case for me with much of XMPP in general.  I'm not
necessarily waiting for protocols to get better.  I'm just trying to get
through my damn TODO list. :)