[Standards] C2C TLS

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Mon Nov 24 11:50:26 CST 2008

On Mon Nov 24 17:28:05 2008, Jonathan Schleifer wrote:
> 6.) I predicted that it will still take a long time until C2C TLS
> will  reach the state ESessions now has. To me, it seems my
> prediction was  right. Anything I overlooked?

Yes, and it's called "The Point".

ESessions has one crypto implementation and one client implementation.

C2C TLS has numerous carefully audited crypto implementations, and
one (or two?) test client implementations. Now, arguably, it might
well have more - I'm not sure how many of the existing XEP-0174
clients will simply use TLS if offered, which would count in at least
some respects.

Therefore, in many respects ESessions is already lagging behind C2C
TLS without anyone actually having done any coding specifically
toward it.

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at dave.cridland.net
  - http://dave.cridland.net/