[Standards] C2C TLS

Jonathan Schleifer js-xmpp-standards at webkeks.org
Tue Nov 25 07:00:54 CST 2008

Am 24.11.2008 um 19:40 schrieb Dave Cridland:

> For the crypto layer, any TLS library. These include OpenSSL, GNU
> TLS, as well as numerous others.

Aha, so no client implementing C2C TLS at all, I see.

> For the C2C TLS protocol itself, this is just <starttls/> over a C2C
> XMPP session - are you saying that Gajim won't use TLS on a link
> local session if offered? If not, why not? If so, why does this not
> count?

Aha, so you count it as an implementation if there is no negotiaion
etc? Interesting! You count having nothing as having a full
implementation. Indeed, really interesting!

> You know the answers to the remainder of your questions, or else can
> look them up in the archives.

So nothing changed, all is still like it was before, like I predicted
half a year before? So C2C TLS is dead before it was ever used - no
client going to implement it properly etc? Now please tell me how
having nothing is better than ESessions. You already admitted that
there's currently nothing.

--
Jonathan