[Standards] <option/> vs. <value/> in sequence

Brett Zamir brettz9 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 30 14:41:27 CST 2008

Brett Zamir wrote:
> Ralph Meijer wrote:

>>> Ah, I see. I'll look into fixing that tomorrow.
>>>

>> Did we really want to mandate a specific order? That doesn't seem
>> necessary to me.
>>
> Even if you don't mandate a specific order, the Data Forms schema
> still needs to be fixed, since by using <xs:sequence>, it is
> indicating that <value/> comes before <option/>. I believe you will
> need to use <xs:all> here in some manner if you want to allow any order...

One further issue I think needs to be addressed is for cases where no
options are present in a list-single or list-multi field. For example,
if there are options relating to roster groups, but the user has no
roster groups, the server-side implementation might wish to indicate
that such an option exists, but not populate with any <option/>
children. So, I think the discussion ought to also specify what to allow
in such cases--is it ok for list-multi and list-single to have no
<option/> children (but only if no options exist)?

Brett