[Standards] roster sequencing

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Sat Sep 6 00:08:42 UTC 2008

sorry about the previous empty email. Premature sending.

On Sep 4, 2008, at 7:19 PM, Fabio Forno wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 7:52 PM, Peter Saint-Andre
> <stpeter at stpeter.im> wrote:
>> Pavel Simerda wrote:
>>> +1 for a generic method
>> Yeah, that means I need to re-work XEP-0237. :(
> Since Pavel has reminded XEP-59, what about transforming xep-237 into
> an extension of it? XEP-59 allows to set the boundaries of a result
> set by setting a first of last item; by extending the possible
> conditions (one is the sequence number, are there others?) the changes
> should be trivial. Instead of asking all the items after "last",
> request all the items after "sequence-no"

<recent-than>sequence</recent-than> ?

> This is also the answer to the other question about what happens to
> large roster when there are stanza size limitations: just return a
> partial set and then ask the remaining ones.

I read an email message from peter (ejabberd list I think) mentioning
that server-to-local-client flows where not restricted by stanza limits.

I remember because:

  a) I didn't knew that;
  b) it makes sense after thinking about it;
  c) I'm not sure which implementations do this.

> --
> Fabio Forno, Ph.D.
> Bluendo srl http://www.bluendo.com
> jabber id: ff at jabber.bluendo.com