[Standards] Best approach for Shared XML editing

LE PENSE Tangui tangui.lepense at free.fr
Thu Sep 11 20:56:09 UTC 2008

Le jeudi 11 septembre 2008 à 20:32 +0100, Dave Cridland a écrit :
> On Thu Sep 11 19:30:24 2008, Fletcher, Boyd C. CIV US USJFCOM JFL
> J9935 wrote:
> > I think the key thing to note is that while at a basic level
> > whiteboarding can be editing an xml document (ie SVG), there are
> > many additional things like page control,  cursor control/movement,
> > presentation control, pan/zoom syncing, etc.... that are well
> > beyond xml document editing.
> 100% in agreement here.

I don't totally agree. Page control could be achieved thanks to
multipages [1] (SVG1.2 though), panning and zooming are just viewbox
changes. But for presentation control, a way to trigger animations is
needed (just like the SVGDOM beginElement method [2], why not a kind of
<trigger/> element ?).

Tangui Le Pense

[1] - http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-SVG12-20041027/multipage.html
[2] - http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/animate.html#DOMInterfaces