[Standards] Best approach for Shared XML editing

Fletcher, Boyd C. CIV US USJFCOM JFL J9935 Boyd.Fletcher at je.jfcom.mil
Thu Sep 11 13:30:24 CDT 2008

I think the key thing to note is that while at a basic level whiteboarding can be editing an xml document (ie SVG), there are many additional things like page control,  cursor control/movement, presentation control, pan/zoom syncing, etc.... that are well beyond xml document editing. Its for these types of  reasons that we think a custom protocol for whiteboarding is required and that using an approach like sxde is only going to hamper the whiteboard/presentation capabilities in the future.

Btw, it we consider conducting presentations one of the major use cases for whiteboards.

boyd

Boyd Fletcher
CDCIE JCTD Chief Engineer/Technical Manager
SPAWAR SC SD
O: 757.203.3290
M: 757.535.8190
M: 757.771.7084 (BB)