[Standards] Use of "notification without payload"...

Jehan Jehan.3g6yyo at no-mx.jabberforum.org
Tue Sep 23 08:09:07 CDT 2008

Hi,

Maciek Niedzielski;3669 Wrote:

> Ralph Meijer gave a nice example of this long time ago:
> Imagine you have a xmpp-enabled doorbell - it rings by sending a
> notification. And you don't need any payload.

Ok. But this is when you anyway never needs a payload at all. You don't
need to require the payload (or else if you want to get a photograph of
the person at the door? Maybe...).
But cases that interest me is when it is interesting to get a partial
information, so that you can request the full information if
wanted/needed. Like titles in a web-forum. You only get thread titles
and click when it looks interesting...

Jehan

--
Jehan