[Standards] [E2E] Why we need a <body> element…

Jonathan Schleifer js-xmpp-standards at webkeks.org
Tue Sep 30 09:01:02 UTC 2008

Many said a body element is useless, well, now look at this:

I was online with Adium and Gajim, started an ESession in Gajim and
look what I got in Adium:

[This is part of an encrypted session. If you see this message,
something went wrong.] ([This is part of an encrypted session. If you
see this message, something went wrong.])

Without a body, I would have never seen that, would have never known
that I lost a message. As I said, there *ARE* bugs where the message
goes to the wrong resource, but nobody wanted to believe it. Now you
just got an example that proofs it ;).

Therefore I propose for your TLS E2E that you add a body, like we did
in Gajim for ESessions.

--
Jonathan