[Standards] Decloaking and Temporary Subscriptions

Jason Eacott jason at hardlight.com.au
Thu Jan 21 00:31:47 UTC 2010

Matthew Wild wrote:
> You could include this tag in your presence to MUC rooms for example,
> and the server would automatically send the MUCs your new presence
> when it changes - currently this is sent individually to each MUC room
> by the clients (ick.). Though MUCs want only the presence of a single
> resource (not all, like Jingle does), hmm.
> Downsides are that this requires server support, especially thinking
> of e.g. gmail.com here. Probably other things I'm missing too.

again this just makes me sure that XMPP as it stands is far too client
centric, and needs to become properly extensible from the serverside
too. there should be a way for server extensions to do what clients can.
(I know thats not what you were suggesting here, but it might make
implementing such things easier)