[Standards] XEP-0048 bookmarks

Nicolas Vérité nicolas.verite at process-one.net
Mon Mar 8 11:28:00 UTC 2010

Hi all,

The main difference between versions 1.0 and 1.1 of the bookmarks XEP
is the previous use of XEP-0049: Private XML Storage, and the new
recommandation of use of XEP-0223: Persistent Storage of Private Data
via PubSub. The section 3 even mentions other storage methods, such as

How are clients and servers supposed to manage the transition and/or
synchronization from one to another?

I believe most clients, if no all, support XEP-0049. I believe only a
few clients support bookmarks over XEP-0223 (I don't know of any).

I believe too few servers support PubSub. I believe none supports HTTP/WebDAV.

Any best practice or hint? Or w're stuck on a historical XEP?
Nicolas Vérité - ProcessOne
Mobile: +33 6 20 88 63 04