[Standards] XEP-0065: zeroconf?

Matthew Wild mwild1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 22:05:04 CST 2010

On 11 March 2010 03:59, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im> wrote:
> On 2/26/10 4:10 PM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>> Marcus Lundblad and I were chatting about XEP-0065 (SOCKS5 Bytestreams)
>> the other day and we concluded that the 'zeroconf' attribute for
>> <streamhost/> element is probably unnecessary. Is anyone using it? If
>> not, I would argue for deleting it.
>
> Given that no one has posted in reply, I'm inclined to conclude that we
> don't have strong support for the 'zeroconf' attribute.

Me too. I think you'll tend to already know the IP/port of the entity
on the local network if you're going to offer it to someone else. Also
if the recipient is on a different network to you then you may
actually be referring to a different proxy to the one they see, by
using a local DNS entry.

Matthew