[Standards] XEP-0184 1.1rc7

Remko Tronçon remko at el-tramo.be
Tue Mar 30 11:45:26 UTC 2010

Something still feels weird about the latest version of XEP 184. When
sending back a receipt, the id of the message must mirror the id of
the incoming message. So far, I always thought that id's were unique
to the sender domain, except when the stanza is of type 'error' (or
type 'result' for iq). Aren't there risks when normal messages
suddenly get ids from another domain (potentially causing conflicts?)

I was expecting the id to be a part of the received, as in

   <received xmlns='urn:xmpp:receipts' id='blabla'/>

This could potentially also allow sending a batch of receipts in one
message (if we would want that)