[WS-XMPP] XEP-0244 integrated into the workflow software Taverna

Egon Willighagen egon.willighagen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 02:18:02 CST 2009

Hi all,

based on Johannes Wagener's work on a Java library for XEP-0244, xws4j
[0], I have written a first version of support in the open source
workflow software Taverna [1]. Like other workflow software, the goal
of Taverna is to allow non-programmers to use web services is a
semi-graphical way. Taverna has support for web services in SOAP, and
can discover services from WSDL files.

The plugin I wrote for Taverna does not yet do discovery via DISCO
(planned), which the xws4j library supports, but allows calling
services over XMPP via the IO-DATA layer. The current implementation
makes a synchronous call (asynchronous is supported by Taverna and
planned), and expects the input to be a XML String with proper
namespacing, as expected by the service. The node configuration allows
setting of Jabber user account details, Jabber host and service JID
and IO-DATA function.

Screenshots are available from my blog [2]. Comments most welcome! The
source code of the Taverna is available (LGPL) from GitHub [3].

Egon

0.http://xws4j.sourceforge.net/
1.http://taverna.sourceforge.net/
2.http://chem-bla-ics.blogspot.com/2009/01/calling-xmpp-cloud-services-from.html