Dear Editor Team, Please find bellow an url to a new ProtoXEP (MUC Slow Mode) that I want to submit: https://github.com/JohnXLivingston/xeps/blob/xep-slow-mode/xep-slow-mode.xml As you may have seen, i asked a question on xmpp:xsf@muc.xmpp.org about your policy on using nicknames as author name. John Livingston is actually a nickname (and my official "commercial name" in France), and I don't want to have too obvious public disclosure of the relation between my nickname and my real name. It appears that you have no clear policy about this question (in any case, it seemed to be the subject of debate in the discussion room). In my case, there are multiple ways to check that I am John Livingston (website, PGP key, email, social network accounts, ...), but absolutely no way to check my real name online. In such case, is "John Livingston" acceptable as author name? If not, is there a way to publish as anonymous author? (given all copyright to the XSF if necessary). Best regards, John Livingston
Hi John, On 2/28/24 10:06 AM, John Livingston wrote:
As you may have seen, i asked a question on xmpp:xsf@muc.xmpp.org about your policy on using nicknames as author name. John Livingston is actually a nickname (and my official "commercial name" in France), and I don't want to have too obvious public disclosure of the relation between my nickname and my real name. It appears that you have no clear policy about this question (in any case, it seemed to be the subject of debate in the discussion room).
The Board discussed this in its meeting just now [1] and decided that it's OK to accept this contribution. I'll let the more active Editor team members take the next steps with you. Peter [1] https://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2024-03-07#2024-03-07-0aec2be6b3c8352e
Le 07/03/2024 à 18:59, Peter Saint-Andre a écrit :
Hi John,
On 2/28/24 10:06 AM, John Livingston wrote:
As you may have seen, i asked a question on xmpp:xsf@muc.xmpp.org about your policy on using nicknames as author name. John Livingston is actually a nickname (and my official "commercial name" in France), and I don't want to have too obvious public disclosure of the relation between my nickname and my real name. It appears that you have no clear policy about this question (in any case, it seemed to be the subject of debate in the discussion room).
The Board discussed this in its meeting just now [1] and decided that it's OK to accept this contribution. I'll let the more active Editor team members take the next steps with you.
Peter
[1] https://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2024-03-07#2024-03-07-0aec2be6b3c8352e
Hello, I had no news about my protoXEP submission. I didn't bring this up again earlier, because you said you were quite busy at that time. But maybe it is time to start the process? Here is the link to the proposal: https://github.com/JohnXLivingston/xeps/blob/xep-slow-mode/xep-slow-mode.xml -- John
Hi John please create a PR that add the proto xep to the inbox directory in this repository and the editor will take care of it. https://github.com/xsf/xeps/ cheers Daniel On Tue, Oct 29, 2024 at 9:56 AM John Livingston <john@john-livingston.fr> wrote:
Le 07/03/2024 à 18:59, Peter Saint-Andre a écrit :
Hi John,
On 2/28/24 10:06 AM, John Livingston wrote:
As you may have seen, i asked a question on xmpp:xsf@muc.xmpp.org about your policy on using nicknames as author name. John Livingston is actually a nickname (and my official "commercial name" in France), and I don't want to have too obvious public disclosure of the relation between my nickname and my real name. It appears that you have no clear policy about this question (in any case, it seemed to be the subject of debate in the discussion room).
The Board discussed this in its meeting just now [1] and decided that it's OK to accept this contribution. I'll let the more active Editor team members take the next steps with you.
Peter
[1] https://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2024-03-07#2024-03-07-0aec2be6b3c8352e
Hello,
I had no news about my protoXEP submission. I didn't bring this up again earlier, because you said you were quite busy at that time. But maybe it is time to start the process?
Here is the link to the proposal: https://github.com/JohnXLivingston/xeps/blob/xep-slow-mode/xep-slow-mode.xml
-- John
_______________________________________________ editor mailing list -- editor@xmpp.org To unsubscribe send an email to editor-leave@xmpp.org
Thanks Daniel. I just did it. Best regards, John Le 08/11/2024 à 12:46, Daniel Gultsch a écrit :
Hi John
please create a PR that add the proto xep to the inbox directory in this repository and the editor will take care of it.
cheers Daniel
On Tue, Oct 29, 2024 at 9:56 AM John Livingston <john@john-livingston.fr> wrote:
Le 07/03/2024 à 18:59, Peter Saint-Andre a écrit :
Hi John,
On 2/28/24 10:06 AM, John Livingston wrote:
As you may have seen, i asked a question on xmpp:xsf@muc.xmpp.org about your policy on using nicknames as author name. John Livingston is actually a nickname (and my official "commercial name" in France), and I don't want to have too obvious public disclosure of the relation between my nickname and my real name. It appears that you have no clear policy about this question (in any case, it seemed to be the subject of debate in the discussion room).
The Board discussed this in its meeting just now [1] and decided that it's OK to accept this contribution. I'll let the more active Editor team members take the next steps with you.
Peter
[1] https://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/2024-03-07#2024-03-07-0aec2be6b3c8352e
Hello,
I had no news about my protoXEP submission. I didn't bring this up again earlier, because you said you were quite busy at that time. But maybe it is time to start the process?
Here is the link to the proposal: https://github.com/JohnXLivingston/xeps/blob/xep-slow-mode/xep-slow-mode.xml
-- John
_______________________________________________ editor mailing list -- editor@xmpp.org To unsubscribe send an email to editor-leave@xmpp.org
participants (3)
-
Daniel Gultsch -
John Livingston -
Peter Saint-Andre