Good evening. I am working on a Python script which generates an Atom Syndication Format XML feed from XMPP DOAP files. I will further add to it an XSLT stylesheet to transform it to XHTML. I have attached that script, for those who are inqusitive about it. Problems -------- However, I did notice, that some DOAP files are not updated, and some are missing information. Proposal -------- I would suggest to add attributes for types of links (i.e. Gemini, HTTP, PubSub, etc.), because in near future, resources such as homepage, bug-database, developer-forum, developer-support, etc. will be hosted on PubSub services over XMPP, instead of HTTP. Question -------- Is there an automated DOAP generator software or service? Conclusion ---------- If there is no automated service yet, then I would create an XHTML software with forms that would do so. Afterwards, I would also create an XMPP service with Data Forms for that purpose. Please advise. Kindly, Schimon
Good afternoon. For anyone who may be interested, I have published the code at XMPP-IT. https://git.xmpp-it.net/sch/publish-happy This is an aiohttp server Python script which is applicable for XMPP server operators who do not need an HTTP server, for obvious reasons, yet are interested in having some useful purpose for HTTP in favour of XMPP. It is a campaign page for XMPP clients; and the attached image should be self explanatory to realize that purpose. P.S. I would appreciate any help with CSS design. Schimon On Sat, 14 Jun 2025 19:05:59 +0300 Schimon Jehudah <sch@fedora.email> wrote:
Good evening.
I am working on a Python script which generates an Atom Syndication Format XML feed from XMPP DOAP files. I will further add to it an XSLT stylesheet to transform it to XHTML.
I have attached that script, for those who are inqusitive about it.
Problems --------
However, I did notice, that some DOAP files are not updated, and some are missing information.
Proposal --------
I would suggest to add attributes for types of links (i.e. Gemini, HTTP, PubSub, etc.), because in near future, resources such as homepage, bug-database, developer-forum, developer-support, etc. will be hosted on PubSub services over XMPP, instead of HTTP.
Question --------
Is there an automated DOAP generator software or service?
Conclusion ----------
If there is no automated service yet, then I would create an XHTML software with forms that would do so. Afterwards, I would also create an XMPP service with Data Forms for that purpose.
Please advise.
Kindly, Schimon
participants (1)
-
Schimon Jehudah