Re: LAST CALL: XEP-0398 (User Avatar to vCard-Based Avatars Conversion)
Hi, I modified the XEP to allow conversion only if the access model of the avatar PEP nodes have been set to open. Since the first draft of the XEP publish-options and the ability to easily modify the access model have become more widespread. This should clear up all concerns that were raised during the Last Call. As soon as my modifications are merged and published I will ask Council to start another last call. Here is a rendered version of the modified XEP: https://gultsch.de/files/xep-0398.html cheers Daniel
Does this need the new required Accessibility and Privacy sections? On Thu, 7 Mar 2024 at 09:46, Daniel Gultsch <daniel@gultsch.de> wrote:
Hi,
I modified the XEP to allow conversion only if the access model of the avatar PEP nodes have been set to open.
Since the first draft of the XEP publish-options and the ability to easily modify the access model have become more widespread.
This should clear up all concerns that were raised during the Last Call.
As soon as my modifications are merged and published I will ask Council to start another last call.
Here is a rendered version of the modified XEP: https://gultsch.de/files/xep-0398.html
cheers Daniel _______________________________________________ Standards mailing list -- standards@xmpp.org To unsubscribe send an email to standards-leave@xmpp.org
On 3/7/24 21:57, Dan Caseley wrote:
Does this need the new required Accessibility and Privacy sections?
Privacy I would say absolutely. I am thinking specifically of the access model in pubsub that was mentioned. Can't Accessibility be added and just leave it empty or not applicable? Idk if we have metadata like alt-text to avatars. if we have accessibility could mention that the metadata should be kept after conversion. MSavoritias
On Thu, 7 Mar 2024 at 09:46, Daniel Gultsch <daniel@gultsch.de> wrote:
Hi,
I modified the XEP to allow conversion only if the access model of the avatar PEP nodes have been set to open.
Since the first draft of the XEP publish-options and the ability to easily modify the access model have become more widespread.
This should clear up all concerns that were raised during the Last Call.
As soon as my modifications are merged and published I will ask Council to start another last call.
Here is a rendered version of the modified XEP: https://gultsch.de/files/xep-0398.html
cheers Daniel _______________________________________________ Standards mailing list -- standards@xmpp.org To unsubscribe send an email to standards-leave@xmpp.org
_______________________________________________ Standards mailing list --standards@xmpp.org To unsubscribe send an email tostandards-leave@xmpp.org
participants (3)
-
Dan Caseley -
Daniel Gultsch -
email@msavoritias.me