I'd like to propose that we close the Internet of Things Special Interest Group, which as far as I can see has been inactive. This would involve moving XEP-0381 to Deprecated or Obsolete (the interim step of Deprecated in accordance with XEP-0001 seems unnecessary, but I'll leave that to the Council should it decide to act on this proposal). Peter
I agree. While Deprecated is mandatory by our process, there seems to be nothing preventing the Council from moving the XEP to Deprecated and then to Obsoleted in the same single vote (and action), should they so decide. Dave. On Thu, 17 Oct 2024 at 17:04, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter@stpeter.im> wrote:
I'd like to propose that we close the Internet of Things Special Interest Group, which as far as I can see has been inactive. This would involve moving XEP-0381 to Deprecated or Obsolete (the interim step of Deprecated in accordance with XEP-0001 seems unnecessary, but I'll leave that to the Council should it decide to act on this proposal).
Peter
_______________________________________________ Standards mailing list -- standards@xmpp.org To unsubscribe send an email to standards-leave@xmpp.org
Hi StPeter, Quoting Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter@stpeter.im>:
I'd like to propose that we close the Internet of Things Special Interest Group, which as far as I can see has been inactive. This would involve moving XEP-0381 to Deprecated or Obsolete (the interim step of Deprecated in accordance with XEP-0001 seems unnecessary, but I'll leave that to the Council should it decide to act on this proposal).
Just a data point: My company is developing (and selling) IoT XMPP stuff, but we were never involved in the SIG and don't have plans for that. I conclude, that XMPP is great for IoT, but it works well without SIG! There is still the IoT MUC. Not very busy, but useful. Cheers, Martin
participants (3)
-
Dave Cridland -
Martin -
Peter Saint-Andre