[Council] JEP question

David Waite DWaite at jabber.com
Tue Aug 7 15:03:29 CDT 2001

Yep, I agree..

But looking at the other side of the coin - I'm making a proposal for
conferencing, and it would be nice hypothetically if competing proposals did
not have to come up with a distinct namespace, or reference implementations
didn't conflict on what they thought should be in that namespace. Part of
the standardization process would be copying that namespace into its place
in the "jabber:*" scheme, and (if people follow this scheme) it will be
apparent which is the final namespace. Of course any deployed reference
implementations can continue using the 'draft' namespace as well as the
final one, if they so choose.

- David Waite