[Council] JIG and JEP Progress

Jeremie jeremie at jabber.org
Fri Jun 29 18:24:58 CDT 2001

As you've seen, stpeter has posted the JEP format at:
	http://foundation.jabber.org/jeps/

It's due to receive some more tweaks, but is pretty solid and builds
nicely on DocBook.

Based on the responses to the JIG participation, the current list is:

*) File Transfer/OOB (maybe voice/video)
Jer <jeremie at jabber.org>
Stephen Lee <srlee at myjabber.org>
zad <zadk at mynet.com>
"Powell, Jim (EER)" <PowellJF at navair.navy.mil>
Ryan Eatmon <reatmon at jabber.org>

*) Security
Thomas Muldowney <temas at jabber.org>
Al Sutton <al at alsutton.com>

*) Standards Compliance
Michael Bauer <bauer at jabber.com>
Julian Missig <julian at aspect.net>
Terry Smelser <tsmelser at sltscommunications.net>
DJ Adams <dj.adams at pobox.com>
Mike Szczerban <mikeszcz at delanet.com>

*) Forms
Ryan Eatmon <reatmon at jabber.org>
Thomas Muldowney <temas at jabber.org>
Adam Theo <adamtheo at theoretic.com>
Mike Szczerban <mikeszcz at delanet.com>

*) Text Formatting
Julian Missig <julian at aspect.net>

*) Browsing
Jer <jeremie at jabber.org>
Peter Millard <me at pgmillard.com>
David Waite <dwaite at jabber.com>

*) Presence Management
Dave Smith <dave at jabber.org>
Oliver Wing <owing at vianetworks.co.uk>
Peter Millard <me at pgmillard.com>
David Waite <dwaite at jabber.com>

Based on the existing draft, and amount of interest, I added the Forms JIG
as well.  There are numerous other JIGs that people are interested in, and
just because they aren't in this list doesn't mean they are any less
important, just that they will serve as the first ones to test the JEP and
approval process :)

Since I spent way too much time today reading email, I didn't get this
list turned into a JEP itself.  I'll add a paragraph describing each JIG
here and post a JEP that contains all of this as soon as possible, and the
council can vote on the JEP format and this first JEP.

Jer