[Council] JEP-0023 (Message Expiration)

Jeremie jeremie at jabber.org
Mon Apr 15 16:49:55 CDT 2002

I'm +1, this is a very simple extension and has been used/supported for
quite some time.  The only comment I have is that this can potentially be
used for any packet, just as x:delay can.

Also interesting to note: 1.5's s2s will initially support using x:expire
to persist packets beyond the default timeout.  This allows traffic to be
cached locally for a remote server that may be down, and delivered when it
returns online.

I'm tempted to experimentally add the same style of support to the session
manager for 1.5, so that packets to a resource that isn't connected might
wait for their expiration instead of bouncing immediately.

Jer