[Council] VOTE: JEPs 04 and 09 (x:data and rpc)

Joe Hildebrand JHildebrand at jabber.com
Thu Dec 5 15:37:41 CST 2002

Can Nick or DJ say that they've seen these implementations interoperate?

In addition, at least two implementations of the JEP must exist, at least
one of which must be free software or open-source software. Until two
implementations are produced, a Standards Track JEP shall retain a status of
Draft. Once two implementations have been completed and tested by the Jabber
Council, the status of the JEP may be changed to Final upon a vote of the
Council.

Really, I think this should say "two *interoperable* implementations".
Since it says "tested by the Jabber Council," with no real criteria, I get
to make up my own.  :)  I choose interoperability of code written by two
different people as my criterion.

I don't need a test report.  Just two people raising their hand saying "yes,
I've verified that X and Y work together."

Sorry to be such a stick-in-the mud on this.  Actually for xmlrpc we're
probably in good shape.  I just want to make sure the precedent is set
correctly for future JEPS going to Final.