[Council] JEP-20 Comments

Thomas Muldowney temas at box5.net
Thu Jul 18 12:00:41 CDT 2002

I'm really really confused how this JEP got to a vote.  I really just
learned yesterday, at the 07-17 JSF meeting, that the JEP was in vote,
and I decided to go back and read all of the associated emails to see
what I was missing.  I found a whole thread of pretty much people
suggesting other methods, syntaxes, and what not for enhancing
JEP-0020.  Then i found a last call thread, there was one reply, even
there it said that it still needed more review to be pushed forward.  No
reply to that about it going to vote.  Yet, here we are.  Even now,
based on Matthias' comments we're finding things that could be changed.
Why and How is this JEP ready for vote?  I'd like to bring up these
issues without putting in my own feelings on the JEP, so that I can
better understand the process used on the JEP.  If you want my actual
feelings, just ask and I'll mail them in.

--temas