[Council] Moving Forward: Process

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Tue Mar 19 16:44:07 CST 2002

Personally I think we can handle this by having the JEP Editor poke the
JEP Author. I am not really worried about experimental JEPs becoming
defacto standards, but maybe I'm missing something here. It is clearly
stated that the JSF in no way endorses experimental proposals. Especially
once we have position papers, if an experimental JEP does not address the
Council's published concerns then we will have a clear basis for saying
that the proposal was unacceptable. The JEP Editor can always submit the
JEP for consideration and the Council can reject it -- a status of
Rejected should scare off potential implementers, no?

email+jabber: stpeter at jabber.org
weblog: http://www.saint-andre.com/blog/