[Council] Moving Forward: Process

David Waite mass at akuma.org
Tue Mar 19 16:45:42 CST 2002

Peter Millard wrote:

>I'm ok with most of this, but it seems that Dizzy is trying to promote more
>"active" pushing of the JEPS so that a JEP is not allowed the time stagnate.
>The problem we've had in the past is that an idea is proposed, then
>implemented, then holes get shot thru it :)

We can solve the problem of shooting down full proposals by having an
Experimental state. We can also say that an Experimental JEP has to be
renewed often (say, once every 60 days, with a progress report) to keep
from falling to an Obsolete/Deferred state. The council has to approve
it going back to Experimental at that point.

Does something like this seem like it would help prevent these type of
problems?

-David Waite