[Council] status of JEP-0011

Jeremie jeremie at jabber.org
Tue May 7 14:21:33 CDT 2002

> I would advise it to stay informational (as it has been documented and
> understood);

I'm not sure how the misconception that it was "Informational" was ever
started, the JEP has always been published as Standards Track.  If you
voted on the JEP without reading that at the top, then I'm not sure you
should be able to retract your vote because you missed it.

If it were only informational then there would have been no grounds for
the earlier -1's, or for the work to break the deadlock.  If you feel
strongly about major changes then that energy is probably best put into
another Standards Track JEP (disco) to improve upon 0011.

Jer