[Council] JEP Roadmap

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Mon Nov 4 21:05:59 CST 2002

JEP Roadmap - November 2002

Here is a JEP roadmap so that we all understand what we need to work on,
vote on, and think about.

01 (JEP Process) -- we need votes from DJ, hildjj, and DW -- this is a
dependency for voting other JEPs to Final, so please vote ASAP.

04 (x:data) -- ready to vote to Final as soon as JEP-0001 is approved and
two implementations are provided

09 (jabber-rpc) -- ready to vote to Final as soon as JEP-0001 is approved
and two implementations are provided

13 (POP offline) -- Last Call imminent

18 (invisible presence) -- need to follow up with the indentured JEP
author, who seems to have gone invisible

20 (feature negotiation) -- is this stalled? can the vote continue?

22 (message events) -- the documentation is not 100% clear, needs to be
reworked to reduce confusion

26 (i18n) -- defer to XMPP WG?

29 (JIDs) -- do we have 2 implementations?

30 (disco) -- Last Call imminent

32 (URIs) -- defer to XMPP WG?

34 (SASL) -- defer to XMPP WG?

35 (TLS) -- defer to XMPP WG?

44 (namespaces) -- defer to XMPP WG?

45 (MUC) -- Last Call ends this Friday (11/8)

49 (jabber:iq:private) -- Last Call imminent

53 (JANA) -- Last Call imminent, may need Board approval as well

54 (vcard-temp) -- Last Call imminent

55 (jabber:iq:search) -- Last Call imminent

Obviously this doesn't address pub-sub, but I'd really like to know where
we stand on that. A report similar to that provided by temas regarding
file transfer would be much appreciated.

Thanks.