[Council] VOTE: Multi-User Chat (JEP-0045)

David Waite mass at akuma.org
Mon Nov 11 11:42:30 CST 2002

1.5 -  ( e^(-2*pi*i) ) / 2

(or +1 for those who don't want to work for it ;-))

The only thing I really don't like about this JEP is that the roles and
affiliations are built into the protocol, while those are the things
that are most likely to be customized in different environments, or
evolve with new features. If (hypothetically) someone wanted a
affiliation of Room Creator in addition to Room Owner, there is not a
way to represent that affiliation in a way that clients will understand
what it means.

I suppose if this is really a problem, it will come out during the call
for experience :-)

-David Waite