[Council] Some pub/sub tips from the Elvin project

Robert Norris rob at cataclysm.cx
Wed Nov 27 20:46:24 CST 2002

I've been looking into Elvin (http://elvin.dstc.edu.au/), a
content-based pub/sub broker while thinking about some stuff I want to
do with j2 in the future.

I came across this document:

  http://elvin.dstc.edu.au/doc/papers/auug2k/auug2k.pdf

It talks a bit about notification services, and their transition from
Elvin3 (a notification service) to Elvin4 (a content-based router), and
the various design changes they had to make in the process.

I'm not sure how helpful it might be to the people here working on
pub/sub, but it seemed faintly relevant.

Rob.