[Council] VOTE (major cleanup)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Oct 2 16:09:51 CDT 2002

OK, let's vote on some of the cleanup items we've been talking about. In
order to move things to Rejected or Deferred I've done some weird things
with +1 and -1 but I think it's better this way (see below).

JEP-0003 (PASS), version 0.4

This has been changed to Informational. Since there exist implementations,
we are voting on moving this to Active. So +1 = Active, -1 = you have
concerns.

JEP-0008 (User Avatars), version 0.1

Consensus is that Avatars would be good but that implementing something
like this will require some of the pub/sub pieces. In line with pgm's
email I move that we vote this to Active with the alternative being
Deferred. So for this vote, we'll do +1 = Active, -1 = Deferred.

JEP-0014 (Message Tone), version 0.2

Consensus is that this is addressed by the Emoticons JEP JEP-0038).  I
move that we vote this to Active with the alternative being Rejected). So
+1 = Active, -1 = Rejected.

JEP-0015 (Account Transfer), version 0.4

Consensus is that there are major security issues etc. with this concept.
I move that we vote on moving this to Active with the alternative being
Rejected. So +1 = Active, -1 = Rejected.

JEP-0017 (Naive Packet Framing Protocol), version 0.2

No known implementations. I move that we vote on moving this to Active
with the alternative being Rejected. So +1 = Active, -1 = Rejected.

JEP-0025 (Jabber HTTP Polling), version 0.2

This is an Informational JEP documenting an existing implementation. I
move that we vote on moving this to Active. So +1 = Active, -1 = you have
concerns that need to be addressed.

JEP-0037 (Data Stream Proxy Service), version 0.8

No implementations, may be superseded by JOBS (JEP-0042). Let's take a
vote on moving this to Active, with +1 = Active and -1 = Rejected.

I will email again soon regarding other JEPs on which we're not ready to
vote.