[Council] VOTE (major cleanup)

David Waite mass at akuma.org
Wed Oct 2 16:30:15 CDT 2002

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

>OK, let's vote on some of the cleanup items we've been talking about. In
>order to move things to Rejected or Deferred I've done some weird things
>with +1 and -1 but I think it's better this way (see below).
>
>JEP-0003 (PASS), version 0.4

+ 1

>JEP-0008 (User Avatars), version 0.1

- 1 (reasons stated at first vote). Do we decide to move this to
deferred, or is that something the authors should agree upon and request
of us after we reject it?

>JEP-0014 (Message Tone), version 0.2
>
>Consensus is that this is addressed by the Emoticons JEP JEP-0038).  I
>move that we vote this to Active with the alternative being Rejected). So
>+1 = Active, -1 = Rejected.

-1 on standards track, there has been no push to have this put forward.
I'd be +1 on this being informational if an implementation exists.

>JEP-0015 (Account Transfer), version 0.4

-1 for security issues with hijacking accounts and 'transparent' updates
of a user's roster to new addresses.

>JEP-0017 (Naive Packet Framing Protocol), version 0.2

-1, due to lack of any implementation

>JEP-0025 (Jabber HTTP Polling), version 0.2
>
>This is an Informational JEP documenting an existing implementation. I
>move that we vote on moving this to Active. So +1 = Active, -1 = you have
>concerns that need to be addressed.

+1, on the basis that I wrote a fair bit of it ;-)

>JEP-0037 (Data Stream Proxy Service), version 0.8

-1,  and I still believe this should be removed altogether due to the
lack of contact information of the primary author.

-David Waite