[Council] namespaces as HTTP URIs

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Mon Oct 7 08:41:41 CDT 2002

The sense I got from our meeting the other night is that, going forward,
we would prefer all namespace declarations to be URIs (specifically HTTP
URIs). So I'm thinking that anything we vote to Draft from now on must
express namespaces as http://www.jabber.org/protocol/blah rather than
jabber:*:* as we've done until now.

Two questions:

1. Shall we enforce this on the JEPs that I will send to the Council soon
(server-based privacy rules, feature negotiation, and multi-user chat)?

2. Shall I add something about this to JEP-0001 and the JEP template?

My answer is yes to both, but I'd like to get consensus on this from the
Council before proceeding.