[Council] namespaces as HTTP URIs

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Mon Oct 7 13:38:46 CDT 2002

OK, I will volunteer for JEP 45 to be the testing ground here. Now, what
is the desired format? I currently have 3 namespaces in there:

1. jabber:gc:owner
2. jabber:gc:admin
3. jabber:gc:user

Any suggestions on the new namespaces? Here are some possible formats:

http://jabber.org/protocol/gc/owner
http://jabber.org/protocol/gc-owner
http://jabber.org/protocol/gc/owner/1.0
http://jabber.org/protocol/gc-owner/1.0

Personally I think we might want to use separate version numbers as is
done in XSLT, and not overload names by having gc-owner or whatever. So
I would prefer the following:

http://jabber.org/protocol/gc/owner
http://jabber.org/protocol/gc/admin
http://jabber.org/protocol/gc/user

Or 'muc' instead of 'gc' to align with the JEP name...

Thoughts?