[Council] JEP-0003

Joe Hildebrand JHildebrand at jabber.com
Tue Oct 15 11:08:08 CDT 2002

(joe asks questions about discovering a PASS server)

jer says:
> It is just informational (an example of a simplistic
> way to create a socket middle-man), the discovery problem
> is in the realm of browse/disco, not something PASS can
> or should try to solve.

I mostly just wanted a sentence that said something like "you can use the
browse namespace jabber:iq:pass to determine if a service supports this
feature".  That implies that a disco feature called jabber:iq:pass is also
ok.

I think that go-forward, the JEP author should talk to JANA before the JEP
goes too far, and get whatever namespaces, categories, types, and features
that are needed reserved, at least provisionally.

<vote>
Anyway, since PASS is more-or-less moot, I'm 0 on JEP-0003.
</vote>

--
Joe Hildebrand