[Council] VOTE: JEP-0020 (Feature Negotiation)

Thomas Muldowney temas at box5.net
Fri Oct 18 22:43:40 CDT 2002

This is the same problem we talked about at the last council meeting.
Why are we using x:data as if it were XML, to generically describe
stuff?  Is this a generic data collection case?  No, it's a feature negotiation
case where we have different semantics because it's a negotiation, and
we know what the data is.  It's not generic data gathering that x:data
was designed for, and it's not a form like XForms was designed for.
Rambly, I know, but I hope I make a point in there somewhere.

--temas