[Council] VOTE: JEP-0020 (Feature Negotiation)

Peter Millard me at pgmillard.com
Sun Oct 20 17:42:15 CDT 2002

Temas speaks for me well in this case :)

I thought we decided that x:data was great for cases where the schema of the
data was unknown. But for such a simple case, it seems like we don't need to
add the xtra layer of abstraction which x-data provides. We know we just
need to pick options... we know the schema. There is no need for x-data as
the primary transfer layer.  JoeH and I discussed this at the time wrt
disco, and I thought we both agreed at that time that this was a reasonable
rule:
    - Use x-data if we don't know the type of data or schema which is used
to present/capture the data.

pgm.