[Council] VOTE: JEP-0020 (Feature Negotiation)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Mon Oct 21 12:36:18 CDT 2002

Well, it seems there is more to it than that. For example, there is the
issue of re-use, which pgm brought up to me regarding MUC. We could
definitely edit all the admin/voice/ban/etc. lists using the MUC format,
but if we've already got x:data we might as well send that data to the
generic form-builder, even though the data format is well-defined (it's
just a list of <item/> elements with various role and affiliation
attributes). By the criteria discussed here, using x:data for this is a
bad thing.