[Council] weekly discussions

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Oct 23 15:48:19 CDT 2002

Every Wednesday, the JSF holds a short, informal discussion [1] so that
members can find out what's going on. To make these more productive, I
hereby request that one member of the Board, Council, Marketing Committee,
and Compliance Committee attend each week and provide an update on
progress made, current priorities, etc. It doesn't have to be the same
person every week, but I really think someone needs to be there. This will
improve accountability and maybe also force people to get things done so
they're not utterly embarrassed about any real or perceived lack of
progress. I'm not asking for a full report in triplicate, just be there to
answer questions. Right now I answer those questions (for the most part)
but I'd prefer that someone more knowledgeable answer them. I try to keep
these discussions brief (30 minutes, sometimes a bit more), and I think
it's reasonable to ask people to be there.

Thanks. [2]

Peter

[1] http://www.jabber.org/jsf/discuss/
[2] I reserve the right to ask more firmly in the future. :P