[Council] VOTE: JEP-0047 (In-Band Bytestreams)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Dec 10 12:48:12 CST 2003

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 11:39:58AM -0600, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

In performing my final check on JEP-0047 before publication, I've
noticed that the requirements language is loose in some instances. Of
particular concern to me is this wording:

   Note that Advanced Message Processing [3] is used to ensure that
   the data packet is not spooled or sent to the wrong resource.

This introduces no requirement because there is no conformance term used
here (MAY/SHOULD/MUST), however JEP-0079 is listed as a dependency. My
sense from previous discussions is that the dependency on JEP-0079 is a
SHOULD, so I have provisionally changed the sentence to:

   Note that Advanced Message Processing [3] SHOULD be used to ensure
   that the data packet is not spooled or sent to the wrong resource.

If that language is not correct, please let me know.

Thanks.