[Council] JEP inactivity period?

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Dec 17 10:14:56 CST 2003

Well, of course, no one ever reads the text at the top of the page, do
they? The passed JEPs are at <http://www.jabber.org/protocol/> but it's
probably a bit much to think that random web surfers are sophisticated
enough to visit that page. Sigh. I've changed it back, but I still think
it is less overwhelming to show only the Experimental JEPs.

The inactivity period would be only temporary, of course. If you
reactivate the JEP by actually working on it again, it goes back to
Experimental. This is exactly what the IETF does (I-Ds time out after
six months) and I think it's one good part of the IETF process.

Peter