[Council] VOTE: Service Discovery (JEP-0030)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Mon Jan 13 12:48:58 CST 2003

The authors of this proposal would like to add protocol to enable an
entity to do an IQ-set to a server or component and then have the server
or component persist that data -- much in the same way that is done now
for vCard, but in a more generic fashion (pgm and hildjj can explain this
in more detail). This is a major change and the authors would therefore
like to retract the JEP, make their changes, and have the JEP Editor issue
another Last Call.

I'd appreciate it if anyone who has concerns about this approach could
voice them ASAP (especially DJ, Ryan, and Rob, who have already voted on
this JEP).

Thanks.